Another Oscars Post
Oh yes. It is time for the Oscars -- or as I like to call it, the Superbowl of movies (this is my first time ever calling it that). I won't make a predictions post like last year because the race is kind of all over the place. However, since I have watched all of this year's Best Pic nominees, here is my personal ranking of which ones I thought were best:
1. Selma: Best movie of the year. Very relevant. Too bad it has no chance at winning.
2. Whiplash: Loved the intensity of this film.
3. Birdman: Cool looking movie.
4. Boyhood: More like Meh-hood, amirite?? Just kidding. I probably would have liked this movie more if the kid hadn't grown up to be such an emo douchebag.
5. The Theory of Everything: Great performances from Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.
6. American Sniper: Not as terrible as everyone who isn't a Republican wanted it to be. Also not as great as Republicans think it is.
7. The Grand Budapest Hotel: Good set designs.
8. The Imitiation Game: Paint-by-numbers Oscar bait. I didn't bite.
If I had to pick...my money is on "Boyhood" winning Best Pic and Richard Linklater winning Best Director. I guess we'll see Sunday!
And since I never got around to posting this anywhere...
My Top 11 Movies of 2014:
11. Top Five
10. X-Men: Days of Future Past
8. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
6. Dear White People
5. Gone Girl
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. The Lego Movie
Happy Oscars! I'm off to the drawing board to see who I can dress up as this year.